Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans that I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I have prayed this verse over Jackson's picture since we first saw him just over a year ago on March 5, 2009.  I prayed this verse over him when I first held him in my arms and will continue to pray this verse over him for the rest of his life.

We serve a mighty God that hears the cries of
the oppressed
the broken
the orphaned
the hungry
the tired
the silent
the lonely
the deaf

I believe in answered prayer whether or not it is the answer we are looking for.

I believe in rejoicing and praising God in the bad times
as well as
the AMAZING times!

I shed tears today when the audiologist held up his audiogram through the glass in the testing sound booth!
Jackson's hearing test was an answer to our cry for Jackson!

His unaided results (what he hears without hearing aids) was in the moderate range (40-45db loss)  This puts him right in the middle of what's called the "Speech Banana" (where speech sounds fall in decibels).  With a bone conductor hearing aid on, Jackson's aided results put him well above the normal hearing threshold!!!!  This means that with bone conduction hearing aids he will hear normally!!!
I am thankful for God and his plan for our little man!!!!

Also, Jackson does not have any indicators of other sydromes that might be related to Microtia/Atresia.

If you have been praying for our sweet little Jackson, please remember topraise HIM tonight for answering our prayers!!!

Where do we go from here?
We are waiting for a call back from our pediatrician's office to find out if we need a referral to Timko Hearing Aids.  Thankfully, one of the audiologists that I worked with for 8 years in the school system now works for Timko!  We are ready to get our little boy some hearing!!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, we DO praise Him for answered prayer! What wonderful news for your boy!