Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One Step Closer

Today I called USCIS to check on the status of our I800 application. The I800 is the approval to classify Jackson as an immediate relative. We received our I800 approval on Friday, 12/4. It was then sent on 12/5 to NVC, National Visa Center. From here it is cabled to the US Consulate in Guanzhou, China. This meets up with our LOA, and some other papers, gets stapled together and signed and becomes our Article 5. A worker from WACAP then picks up our Article 5 and delivers it to the CCAA. From here we wait approximately 4 weeks to receive our TA (Travel Approval).

Kurt and I celebrated our 10th anniversary on 12/4!! What a wonderful anniversary gift for us both!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Joanne said...

I'm so happy for both of us!! So what are they telling you, will you travel in February? I'm happy cause now we can send Daniel a few things!!

Merry Christmas, Stacy !!!!!