Monday, September 21, 2009

He's REAL!!

Kurt and I have been checking the computer NON-STOP for a couple of weeks, hoping to receive pictures of Jackson with his birthday cake! 5 pictures arrived today of a very HAPPY boy and 1 BIG, BIG birthday cake! My favorite picture is of Jackson sitting at the table with the cake in front of him and he is leaning on his elbows on the table (sorry Christi, he'll fit right in here at the Swartzlander household!) with his yellow birthday crown on. The expression on his face says, "This party is for ME! It is finally my turn for a mommy and daddy to send me a birthday cake!" After looking at the pictures, Jackson became more REAL to me! Although our journey has not been as long as most who travel this long, long adoption road, the feelings must be the same. To see his response to something that we, his mommy and daddy, sent to him!

I know you must be wondering why we aren't posting the pictures, but Kurt and I have agreed to follow our agency's instructions to wait until he is legally ours in China. After we have signed our papers in China, which I believe is the day after we get him, we will be posting pictures...from the first one that captured our hearts to the moment he was in our arms! I promise you, you won't be disappointed!

He is as REAL as CHRIST is in our lives! Our LOVE for Jackson is as REAL as it is for CHRIST!

No comments: