Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweet Prince!




Today is Jackson's 2nd birthday! We had hoped to have a LID so that we could send him a birthday care package to arrive on his birthday. As soon as we have LID we will send a belated birthday cake in China as well as gifts. We are hoping to be able to get pictures of him enjoying it as well.
I woke up this morning with a heart rejoicing and thankful for a mom in a distant land that chose life! She chose to give this baby life regardless of the outcome. I rejoiced that through whatever circumstance she was faced with, she continued to choose life for him, abandoning him, in hopes that he would be placed in an orphanage to be adopted. She chose a life of abundance! A life that will soon, one day, be abundant with the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ! A life abundant with the unconditional love of a mother and father! The love of a sister and a brother. The love of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins! I prayed for the heavy heart Jackson's birthmom must have as this day comes around each year. I prayed that she would have peace. I prayed that one day when Jackson is an adult, that he would one day be reunited with the woman who chose life for him!
Happy birthday to our beautiful, sweet, sweet son!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me sad. Makes me happy. A journey filled with more emotions that anyone could ever imagine. Happy Birthday Jackson! I love you from here to there, and back again. XOXOX Aunt Angela